JUNE: Recipe challenge!

Friday, June 29, 2012

Cucumber Lime Mint Agua Fresca

So I have to admit I've been a little hesitant to post because, let's be honest, y'all cook and I am not an experienced cook. But seeing as of late the parents are out of town and I am left to feed myself (what?), I have been cooking up a storm! It helps, also, that I have probably 83 cucumbers to do something with. :) I found this drink on punchfork.com, one of my new favorite cooking websites. This website is cool because you can put in any ingredient, and it connects you with hundreds of recipes from a bunch of the popular cooking websites. I love it.


I like the unique taste of this drink, and it really does cool you off on a hot summer day (today it's 103 in NC! yikes.)



Cucumber Lime Mint Agua Fresca

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb of cucumbers (about 2 good sized cucumbers), ends trimmed, but peel still on, coarsely chopped
  • 1/2 cup lime juice from fresh limes (from about 1 pound of limes, or 5 to 10 limes, depending on how juicy they are)
  • 1 1/4 cup packed (spearmint) mint leaves (about a large handful), woody stems removed
  • 1/2 cup sugar (I would put a little less in if you don't like super sweet).
  • Approximately 1 1/4 cup of water


  • How to:
    Put ingredients in blender, add enough water to fill 3/4 of blender. Hold the lid on the blender and purée until smooth. Place a fine mesh sieve over a bowl and pour the purée through it, pressing against the sieve with a rubber spatula or the back of a spoon to extract as much liquid out as possible.
    Fill a large pitcher halfway with ice cubes. Add the juice. Serve with sprigs of mint and slices of lime.

    2 comments: